Do you do lay away? If so how do you go about paying?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Shopping

• I haven't, but for me, it would depend on the fee & how convenient the store was to my home or work. If I had to drive out of my way or there was a huge fee associated with it, then I would just put that money in my sock drawer every month! But, if I could walk to the store or it was easy to drive to & there was no fee, I would consider it. Sometimes it is easier to make payments than to save. Plus, if it is a "hot" gift of the season, it might be the only way to get the item before it is sold out.
    SaraBeth1204

Answer by SaraBeth1204 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• No, I save until I have enough money to buy what I need. It seems silly to do lay-away, pay them a fee for the "convenience", and then be inconvenienced by having to make several return trips to the store to make payments.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We did last summer for our grill at Sears. There wasn't any extra fee. We had to pay a certain percentage down and then had a payment that we had to make every two weeks and have it paid for in full in 8 weeks. They also would only except cash for payments, no credit cards.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 4:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• ya know I have in the past. Last time I did was when preg. with my son (he's 6 now) and we paid a percentage down, I think 10%. then we used baby shower money and paid the rest off later on
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Even at the stores that don't charge a lay-away fee (and most of them do, for the storage and the paperwork), it's still more expensive for you ... to have to make several return trips to the store costs you both money and time.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Nope do not layaway
    victoriamom2007

Answer by victoriamom2007 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My husband puts my xmas & Bday gifts on layaway so he doesn't have to hide them lol He just goes in once a week or so and pays a little on it. Plus he will only do it when the fee is minimal like $5 or so.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010