I have complete placenta previa at 23 weeks - any advice?

I am at 23 weeks with my first child and I was diagnosed with complete placenta previa. I was bleeding slightly earlier this week, but it stopped. I'm on bed rest until December 3rd when I can be evaluated again. I'm nervous that the baby won't be ok, that I won't be ok, and that I'm going to end up on bed rest until the baby is due in March. I know I can only sit (lay) and wait, but it's frustrating that I can't do anything to make the situation better. Any advice? Has anyone been in this position?

Lori5097

Asked by Lori5097 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't have placenta prevera but I have been on complete bed rest since the end of July and I am due March 4th. Just do your best to not worry and make sure you follow the doctors orders. If you want to chat just email me. Good luck!
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Wow, JD08... that's a long time on bed rest. I should stop complaining. How are you handling it? I am planning to start a scrapbook, becuase I like to travel and take lots of pictures. I was thinking about starting a journal for my baby, too. My baby is due on March 3rd, and I'm really hoping the placenta previa will go away, and we will be able to make it that long. I hope you and your baby are ok!! Best of luck!

I am doing the best I can to follow the doctor's orders. Right now, it's modified bed rest - I can get up to shower, eat, and the basics, but I can't do any housework or lifting, and I need to avoid the steps. It all sounds quite marvelous until you are forced to do it.
    Lori5097

Answer by Lori5097 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2008