what can this mean? adult content

i went to dr for some vaginal icthing and irritation. i was told it wasn't a yeast infection which i figured it wasn't. they sent it out and i called today and was told the result was negative, how can it be negative? it has to be something. why didn't the dr call me so i could ask questions? she saw and said i did have some discharge and that she didn't know what it was. so does anyone know what the heck is going on here. anyone been told negative and yet they did have something wrong but no explanation as to what it is? this is weird. so i called again and said that i expected my dr to call me with this info and they said someone would call me in 10min, they better.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Health

• Yes, i find it weird. I had a concern once about my lady parts & when i went in, they took a culture & looked at it under a microscope right then & there & could tell me exactly what was going on. BUT, i feel like i have the best gyno in the world. I wish everybody could have her.

If i were you, i would call & tell them that i have some questions to ask the Dr. about my tests. Give them your name & number & ask if she can call you as soon as she can. I hope this wasn't a little tactic they use to lure you back in there & make an extra buck of off you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• google bacterial vaginosis
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• maybe you are just ovulating. Sometimes I get dischargy and uncomfortable when I am ovulating.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 4:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I had bacterial vaginosis. Talk to dr about it.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would call the doctor back.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 5:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i figured i had that and that is why they did a culture. so are you saying that the results would not show what type or if i had a bacterial vaginosis?
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2010