Should I pay additional S&H charges after auction has ended and payment has been sent?

I won an auction on ebay last week, I paid the next day then I got an email from the seller saying that she miscalculated the postage and wants me to send her an additional $7.31. she also stated that she had a hard time finding the right box and spent quite a bit of time packaging the product. Are you kidding? Is this reasonable? I checked out her feedback history and she's pretty clean but on the other hand has been doing this a while so I would think she should have checked the postage beforehand. What do you think?

svdbygrace

Asked by svdbygrace at 4:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Shopping

• I wouldn't pay extra shipping honestly. You already paid for your item & paid for the shipping she had listed.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I think that mistakes happen and this is perfectly plausible - but the error was hers, and she should be the one paying the difference.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 4:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• After you have already paid for the auction that you won, I do not believe you should have to pay her any additional money for Shipping and Handling. It's her loss and she should be sure to calculate the shipping BEFORE she sends and invoice.
    victoriamom2007

Answer by victoriamom2007 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would not pay it if the item had been shipped.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You pay what shipping is listed with the item. If she miscalculated, she's out the extra seven bucks, not you. It's a pretty poor seller who will go back to the buyer and ask for more money.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Really? No.. you do not have to pay. I understand miscalculating.. I do that all the time. But that is the Sellers fault. She cannot ask you to pay any more. I would report the Seller if she expects you to pay. Go to the top right hand side to the Contact Us tab.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You should not be responsible for the additional shipping and handling. I think that it is acceptable that if you feel like it was an honest mistake and want to volunteer to split the additional cost with the seller, then do so. But ultimately, it is her responsibility
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Thanks ladies, I feel the same way.
    svdbygrace

Comment by svdbygrace (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2010