Daycare or no daycare....

I am a SAHM but I still make my child go to a daycare so he can learn to socialize. He has only just recently started going. I enrolled him because he doesn't have any cousins or neighbors any where near his age and I thought it would be better for him. I have had some friends comment to me that they think i'm lazy to put him in daycare even though I don't work. What do you think?

usdragonflies

Asked by usdragonflies at 4:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you just moved into the state them maybe taking the time to investigate playgroups through your local Y or community center may be a help to both you and you little one inmaking some new friends...who knows maybe someone on here is in your area and could help you connect! gotothe mall and hang out in the play area ( we meet a ton of new moms that way! goto the lib a lot of times they have age specific reading times look into your community center for mommy and me activities
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I think socialization is important, but I wouldn't put my child in full time daycare if I was a SAHM. Personally I would rather take him to play groups and things like this, but I work anyway.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 4:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• When my younger 2 were toddlers I had them go to daycare 2x a week. DD formed bonds with a couple of girls that lasted for a while once they went to kindergarten. It gave me a little bit of me time and time to look for a job. I worked part time for most of my youngest's baby and toddlerhood, so he needed to be in daycare at least part time.

You do what you need to do. As long as the both of you are happy, who cares what other people think.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• How old is the child? I wouldnt do it if hes too small. I seen moms do that to their kids caus ethey want "me" time and they hardly see there kids caus ethey drop em off early in teh moring and prick em up late. I doth think that right.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 5:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• play groups would be great but I also forgot to mentin that we just moved to this state so I don't know anyone around here, and we live way out in the country.
    usdragonflies

Comment by usdragonflies (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• He is 2 and he gets up in the morning by himself asking if it's time for school yet. He loves it. My hubby picks him up at 3, so he is there from 9 till 3
    usdragonflies

Comment by usdragonflies (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I personally would not put my child in day care if I was a SAHM, I would rather take him/her to play groups as previously suggested. Im not sure what state you live in, but you can google play groups, or mommy groups in your area! GL
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• That's a long day for him to be there IMO if you are home all day. Kind of defeats the reason to be a SAHM.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• well 9 to 3 aint bad cuz he gets picked up after nap time if i was a stay at home mom i would consider daycare 3 days a week partime if u can afford it so theres nothing wrong with it cuz he almost ready for preschool
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• If he's just in there for maybe a couple days a week, part time, I don't see a problem with it. However if he's in there full-time, then yes. Like others said, you can find playgroups to help him learn to socialize.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2010