Does a fertilized egg start producing hormones BEFORE it's implanted? Does the body KNOW when an egg has been fertilized even if it hasn't implanted?

I don't mean for a pregnancy test or anything like that but does it put off any hormones that would start to cause changes in your body?

My cervix is REALLY high and ridiculously soft but it's also closed very tight. I also have TONS of creamy cervical mucus.

None of these things are normal for me during my luteal phase. I'm only 3 DPO though so I don't know if the egg has implanted or not (assuming it was even fertilized) but I'm seeing a lot of changes that are not my norm so I'm starting to wonder. I also had a little soreness in my breast this morning and some light cramping on the right side but I guess that could be anything.

Anyways I'm not asking if I'm pregnant...I won't know for another week or so....but I'm wondering if the body KNOWS when an egg is fertilized and starts to make changes...

Anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm think it does know. Our bodies have a knack for picking up on even the smallest of things.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i hope it does i been having the same thing nausea and my nose picks up everything but i no its to soon to test gud luck
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Thanks!

@Kai302- YOU TOO! I'm really hoping to get a BFP!!

Bump me if you wouldn't mind ladies!! I would love more opinions and info!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• It takes approximately one week for the egg to travel the fallopian tubes to the uterus. All the while the cells have started to divide and form the various systems. Estrogen and Progesterone will surge with the egg being fertilized and the LH and FSH will decrease. However the HCG hormone is made by the placenta, so implantation must have occured for this one to start building in your body.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2010