When did you put your child in a toddler bed? How did it work out?

usdragonflies

Asked by usdragonflies at 4:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• as soon as they started walking,. did alot of CIO with ds, with dd i did the move toward the door every night thing. i like the CIO method better.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• my oldest- tried just before 2 and it did not work out. tried again a few months later and still had to put a gate up by her door cause she would constantly get out of bed.

my middle - just turned 2 and has been sleeping well in one for about 3 months.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• When she was about 2 we had another one on the way! She did great when she was 4 we got her a twin bed,,,she still does not realize that she can get out of bed with out asking
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• cio method?
    usdragonflies

Comment by usdragonflies (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Cry it out method....done the right way.. it doesn't have anything to do with letting them scream forever.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Oh yeah we did that with his baby bed. I just didn't know thats what it was called. He has slept in his own bed since he was 2 months old. I am just scared to transition to toddler bed.
    usdragonflies

Comment by usdragonflies (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We moved my oldest at 15 months. It was safer for him since he was starting to climb out. It worked out pretty well. We did put a gate up in front of his door just incase he did get up before us we would know he was in a safe area and would get to him right after we heard him up playing.
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I agree with the gate if ur doing the toddler bed it works they can wake up playing in there room or wake up an see u an climb in ur bed :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 3:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2010