so i am a smoker an i might me pregnant whats the best way to go about quiting i wass told that quiting right away could cause stress on the baby because it causes stress to up an quit

amarinesangel

Asked by amarinesangel at 4:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Get an electric cigarette. This helped my friend out SO MUCH when she got preggers! There is no smoke, you're just inhaling nicotine water vapor. They're super cool & i plan on getting one for my DH to help him quit.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You should make one post and ask all of your questions in one, since they are all the same or very closely related.... and when I was pregnant I just quit because thats what my body told me to do... I would throw up at the smell of smoke.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• if you are pregnant and you end up having morning sickness, the smell alone will make you quit. the smell sent me running to the bathroom and that was enough for me to quit in the beginning. with my first, though, it didnt bother me so i would cut down how much i smoked per day, then smoke half cigarettes, til eventually i needed none. it only took about a month.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'm at the point were i am only smoking half an it makes my stomach a little upset and i have to brush my teeth after wards cause i gag on the taste it leaves in my mouth but i still fight the bad taste cause lately i am already inedible

amarinesangel

Comment by amarinesangel (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I know many women who smoked packs a day and quit cold turkey when they got pregnant. Chew some gum, get some suckers, and stop smoking
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• my doc said to allow myself 10 the first day and take one away each day. it kinda worked. i got stuck at 2 a day. but it might work for oyu.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• The only time you should just cut back instead of quitting is if you smoke a pack a day or more. otherwise just the guilt worked for me. It was still hard though but worth it, good luck
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Cigfinity.920-267-2887

These are a safer alternative...just get the oil without nicotine.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 1:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2011