PLEASE help me!! I'm so worried about my unborn baby!!!

I had the quad marker test done last week and today the doctors office calls me (I missed the darn call!!!) and left a message to call them back concerning the results of that test! They called me 5 minutes before the office closed so by the time I called them they were closed for the day! Anyone have this happen?? I am going crazy and I have to wait until tomorrow to find out what the results are and I'm so worried! They only call to let me know if something shows up in the tests.......

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hugs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• group hug

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• they might have been calling to tell you everything was fine - especially since they waited all day to call you. i would think if something were wrong you would've been higher on the call list for today and they would've call you this morning or early afternoon. relax and dont stress about it - the baby doesn't like stress.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• FIRST...calm down! When I had my genetic testing done the doctors office called me and left the same kind of message. This was at 4:45 on a Friday evening so I had to wait until Monday morning to call them back because I didn't get the message until 5:15 (they closed at 5).

I was a nervous wreck all weekend. I called at 8am on the dot Monday morning to be told that they were just calling to let me know that all my test results came back great!

They could be calling to tell you the same thing. Try taking a relaxing bath and make DH give you a foot rub so you can relax until tomorrow.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Thank you ladies!! I freaked and asked this question but just got done googling EVERYTHING I could find on it and I guess that abnormal results are common with this test and that most of the time the babies come out healthy. A lot of the times the results just end up causing pointless worry for Mom's seeing as how the test results are not very accurate! ugh.....
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• good luck!!!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• miasmommy........Thank you SOOO much! That makes me feel so much better and that gives me hope! I would hug you if I could:) I hope that is what they are calling to tell me!
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• the information you googled is right on accurate! my test results with my 2nd child actually came back POSITIVE and i freaked. i had an amnio done and all sorts of tests. i was told she had cystic fibrosis! but guess what, i gave birth to her anyway and she had NO genetic disorders. those tests really do cause a lot of unnecessary concern sometimes.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I almost wish I hadn't taken the test now. I feel stupid that I didn't look into it more before I had it done. I google EVERYTHING so I'm surprised I didn't because if I had, I don't think I would have had it done.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• my docs office calls even if the test is fine when it comes to the quad marker. if they found something it doesnt mean anything but they will want to run another test. it doesnt mean anything will come back positive.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2010