Anyone else save their babies cord blood (store it)? Why did you choose to store it? How long are you going to store it?

We just paid off our fee for storing and collecting our sons cord blood. $2100 + 125 yearly. We plan to keep it stored 25 years, but we are not planning on collecting any other children's cord blood unless we have a huge age range, because they would all be siblings and use it if need be.

you?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 5:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Unfortunately storing it for our own use has always been financially out of the question. Which is very upsetting for me because my MIL had ALS, and there have been great strides in the research surrounding the two. But we are donating it. I figure if someone else can use it, they should get the chance!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• There are no genetic conditions in my family that would require the blood, so really no reason to store it. My OB told me donated blood is in great need, and benefits many children. Plus, I could never afford that.

Anonymous

• no, couldn't afford to do it so we said "no thanks". For something that is supposed to be helpful, it shouldn't be so darned expensive, but oh well.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 11:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2010