Don't know what to do....

I am having some issues with the woman that I babysit for and I am not sure what to do. First of all the agreement when I started watching her 15 month old was 300 a month (which is far lower than the child care rate in my area) for full-time (5 days a week 8 hour days). Now she brings him for about 12 hours a day and comes up with excuses why she is late every time. It wouldn't be so bad if the child did not act the way he does. We work on meal time manners everyday and for the past 3 months he has showed NO improvement. He still steals my child's food and hits her all the time. My child should not have to fight for her food and there is no reason a child should shove 10 pieces of food in his mouth at once (he is clearly not starving at home). He screams all the time now, especially when he is told not to do something. I have worked with children my whole life and have had three of my own, none have ever acted like this child. I can not stand him and I want to tell his mother not to bring him back. I have also brought up several medical concerns that I have for this child and she comes up with excuses as to why he breaths the way he does, and never takes him to the doctor. She also brings him when he is sick (which seems to be more than the average child) and does not even have the decency to let me know. I don't think she ever baths him either, and one day he showed up smelling like adult male pee, and she does not even bring me clothes to change him into! I hate to tell her not to bring him back bc this is the last day I have him before she goes on a two week vacation in a completely different state. What should I do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think you need to come up with a hand book to state some rules times you are available to watch him (attach a late fee if she is over that time and STICK to it) and include what a sick child is and ifsheshows upwith him sick, late whip it out and stick to it. Ask her for about a week worth of extra clothes and when you need to change them send them home and ask her to replace with clean ones....you could also stick in there if she would like you to bathe him that is an extra fee (if you feel up to the task that is
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Honestly? Tell her something came up and you just can't have him any more, not to bring him back after her "vacation". No need to go into the "why"s or anything, just get your pay and say that's it.
    Anonymous

• do what the daycares do. $5 per every minute they're late. if she's 2 minutes late, that's an extra $10 she has to pay.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'd find another job if i were you, sounds like she is being selfish and taking advantage of you, don't let that happen. You might really care that child but in the end you and your child is more important.
    sugar_mom

Answer by sugar_mom at 7:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I kinda of the same issues with watchn my cousins which i get off a 10hr shift and watch them all day she gets off at 6 an shows up at 11 with out excuses and i no for a FACT she doesnt bath them and i get 240 a month an with out food i bought clothes undies jackets do the lil girls hair and she is very spitful the little girls hit my 1year old she lies an even says crzy things like i will kill a cop and get away with it ive told my aunt she needs to be seen by some one she just laughs so all in all do u really need the money? if not than make a list of all the things u have a problem with n if she cant fix them say well this is my 2 week notice :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 3:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2010