Once the "baby" hair falls out......

and the new hair grow in, is that the color of hair your child will have?

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not necessarily. My babies were all born with black black hair that did NOT fall out, it just gradually got lighter and lighter their first couple of years. Now they are all a dirty blonde. My DH was born with black hair, had platinum blonde hair by his first birthday, and now is dark again.
    Anonymous

• not necessarily. all of my babies were born with black hair, one has dark brown now, one has dirty blonde, and the other still has black at 11 months but it's a much lighter black. i was born with blonde hair and it ended up being a really dark brown but not til i was about 5 or so. my neice was born with black hair and it is now a golden brown/blonde color.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• no. My son has steadily gotten darker from birth from almost white hair to dark blonde/light brown right now.
    Unless your child is 'of color" the hair usually darkens as they get older

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• well that is a relief...lol My son was born with orange hair...lol I hav eno idea where it came from. I was born with deep auburn hair and my husband has black.....yet we made an orange headed baby...lol fun stuff!
    Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• LOL....my 4th son, who will be 8monhts next week, still has not lost any hair.....in fact this kid needs a haircut already!!!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• dd hair was dark brown almost black when she was born now at 21 months its light brown.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You've got a red gene - that's where he got it!
    Anonymous

• My DD was born with super long hair & some mommies were so rude & said to me "Don't get attached to her pretty hair, you know it falls out right?"

Well..IT NEVER FELL OUT! No bald spot or nothing! When she was 2, she had hair down to her bum it was so long. A word of advice, babies who lay on their back a lot are more likely to get a bald spot on their head.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My DD's hair got lighter. It was black when she was born & now it's a light brown color. I had the hardest time giving her her first haircut because i could still see the black tips at the end of her hair! When we finally cut it, i saved those black tips & put them in her baby book.

Red heads usually stay red. It might get lighter or darker, but it won't change color. It should stay an orangy color.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• oh well....he is still cute...lol
    Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010