Do any of your children have Nintendo Wii? What are your thoughts on it?

We're thinking about getting our kids a Nintendo Wii for Christmas. If you have one, what are your thoughts on it? Are they worth the price? Are they fairly easy to use? Is my six year old too young? Do your kids enjoy it? What games would you reccommend for my kid's ages? They're 6,9 &10. Where's the best place to go? Walmart, Best Buy, etc? I know these seem like a lot of questions, but I'm trying to get some thoughts before I spend the money. Thanks Ladies!!

LovingParent08

Asked by LovingParent08 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• We have a Wii and my whole family loves it. My youngest son is 3 and he plays it like a pro. His favorite game is Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, its really pretty fun. I think for the money its worth it. Most games run about $40 to $50, but you can find some games that are $20. And they have all kinds of games for it. We have about 10 games, from baseball to the bee movie game, everyone we have is really fun. The controllers are kinda expensive i thought, they are $40 each.
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• We have a Wii and my family enjoys playing it. My son is 3.5 years old. He pays the Wii Play game that comes with the system. He doesn't box but plays the other games on there. So yes, it's easy to use. We don't have a lot of games yet. They have all kinds of games out there and for different ages... everything from Diego to Dance Dance Revolution. I never thought I would want a "game system" but I'm glad I made the purchase!!
    Marybeth

Answer by Marybeth at 6:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Thanks ladies. I think I'm going to go ahead and get them one!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• we have a Wii. we got it when my oldest kids were 6 and 8. They caught on right away and have had no problems. I use it as a reward for helping around the house and getting good friday reports at school each week, but hubby just lets them play like regular kids.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• We have a Wii, and it's fabulous! Honestly, the game we play most is the one that comes with it! Same with most people I know that have one! I'm actually going to get Wii Fit whenever I can find it in stock. The nice thing about Wii is that it was actually designed to appeal to adults, women in particular. I wouldn't wait to get one, they were super hard to find last Christmas; I'd be afraid that the same thing would happen this year!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2008