cloth diapering moms...got a question

I work in a daycare. one of the children, just barely 2, is in cloth diapers. he's got a really red butt due to diareah, and the mother is using desityn. she said with the desityn she has to use disposable diapers, because the chemicals in the cream will mess up the cloth diaper. now, a few of us teachers are moms, but we've never cloth diapered, but it doesn't make sense to us. so i thought i'd come up here and ask you ladies. is it true? and how would it mess the cloth diaper up??

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• The diaper will no longer absorb the messes. I cloth diapered my son as well. The oils get in the diaper and don't wash out then they are less absorbent.

mommypip

Answer by mommypip at 5:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• oh ok now that makes sense. thanks, i'll pass the word tomorrow. we were really confused lol
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2010