WHY???!!!??

So I joined cafemom because I wanted people to talk to because it is often hard to contact the OB after hours. My question is why do some of you have to be so mean on here when a question is asked? I already 90% of the time feel horrible about anything I ask because I feel like I should know it when I don't.

This is my last day EVER being on cafemom. I am tired of people just being plain mean. I understand that if you are pregnant you are moody, because trust me I am the same way. But you need to remember that pregnant women are also sensitive. I posted a simple question and was sent into tears.

Thank you though to the people who stop to consider other people's feelings before answering. And for the rest of you I hope that you change. Because I know I am not the first person that you made cry. I thought that this was a place to connect with other women who were going through the same things as you, but I guess not. I cannot express how much disappointment I have felt over many days now.

I apologize for the major vent. Good luck everyone and Goodbye.

lc20101782

Asked by lc20101782 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Thats why I left for a few months. I'm sorry you are leaving.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 5:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i joined because of one of my pregnancies too and though i did get ignorant, rude answers sometimes i also got a lot of informative, supportive and nice answers and it helped me out ALOT during that pregnancy because i was going thru a really really difficult time back then. i wouldnt let any of the stupid trolls on here get the satisfaction of knowing you cancelled your account because of them. just take what they say with a grain of salt, ignore the stupidity and move on. its really nothing to get so upset over! its just the internet sweetie!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Well looking at your last couple of questions all I see is normal stuff - in other words, you're being way more than overly sensitive! I see nothing rude in any of the answers. But oh well, buh bye.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry if people have been overly rude. What was it that made you cry?
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Sorry you are going through this....when I was PG I was with I village they had groups that coinsided with the month your baby is to be born...hope to see ya back but this may another avenue to look into!?!??!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I don't know. Sometimes I feel that people on here just to pick a fight or be overly pushy with their beliefs.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 6:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I been on cafe mom for almost 7 years.. time away here and there. bu the last 6 months or so i discovered this area to post questions. I have had my fair share of rude comments. and I usually laugh. some get to me but i dont know them, why should I??I am a very emotional person, so with my being preggo its 20 times worse and I take most to heart. but try finding people without going through these posts. i have met a few very nice people on here and we even text and chat often. Im very sorry to hear that somene offended u that bad. sometimes people are just inconsiderate assholes. but nothing u can do but smile and say i dont give a F*$k.... lol.. works for me everytime :) Good Luck with your pregnancy. and no question is ever stupid!!!!
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 6:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Girl, I know what you mean about the rudeness. There will always be those people out there who are miserable themselves and the only way for them to feel good is to be negative towards others. The key is to let it roll off your back and focus on the good things in life. I say screw the meanies! LOL And remember, there are a lot of women here that want to help you :)
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• So very sorry to hear that you are sad and leaving this site. I am fairly new here but I have also noticed how some people are not just forward or brash but positively vicious. Some of the problem is that society in general has become far more brutish and lost what my dad called "grace"--courtesy, respectfulness, empathy, compassion, manners. You are probably a fairly sensitive person and being pregnant only increases those tendencies. OTOH, I have met some wonderful people on this site, and read some truly amazing entries and bits of advice. I just hate to lose you. Can you give it a few more days at least?
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 7:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Im sorry. I know pregnancy is an emotional rollercoaster and others dont seem to make it easy for you at times. But you will have a beautiful healthy baby..no worries :}
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2010