Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 Bumps

Would you turn someone in for welfare fraud?????

Okay, here's the situation.........I know a gal with 4 kids. Ages 10, 7, 3, and 7mo. She is also 3 mo prego. She is getting $700 in food stamps, full medical, and $600 cash assistance (She said she will get an additional $100 for each additional kid she pops out according to her case worker), and is on HUD(they pay for your housing, so her rent is only $125). The thing is, her boyfriend has a full time job making GOOD money about $2200. She does NOT report him in the house because they would loose HUD and cash assistance. and the food stamps would go down. They have been doing this fraud for over a year now. I tried to report them in the past, but had no proof. Now I have proof, but it will cost my family alot. My husband pays childsupport to her every month and it goes to the state. She said if we report her she will have it recalculated and according to the online version my husbands support order would go up about $400 a month. We barely scrape by as it is. Would you report them or just let karma catch up to them? My DH says let her be a welfare ho. I say it is wrong to not report it. I am tired of her controlling him with the childsupport threat. What would you do?????????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (31)
  • I would report her. Why would you keep having kids if you cant pay for them? And if you can pay for them than why are you abusing the system? Report her!

    Answer by usdragonflies at 5:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • I would report them, while she is being a "welfare ho" as your hubby put it, the tax payers are the ones footing the bill. Welfare should go to those who need it, not those who are greedy and dishonest. I don't understand why your hubby's child support should go up, I would ask his attorney. Good luck!


    Answer by scout_mom at 5:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • when she goes to jail for fraud then your husband can have custody

    Answer by shay1130 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • Girl, if you don't do what you think is right, you'll always be thinking about it in the back of your mind.

    Answer by Averylee85 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • You would be doing the right thing for all tax payers by reporting her... I know some people like this and its very hard not to report so I understand your dilema.

    Answer by bjojola at 5:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • Report her. She is clearly abusing the system.

    Answer by My_3_Babies at 5:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • I would report her also. I agree with what the other posters are saying

    Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • – collapse
    No. I would NEVER do that. I dont think they should be lying but oh well, "you gotta do what you gotta do".

    Answer by thtqrljess07 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 (hidden) + expand

  • So not only is her boyfriend making over $2000 a month, she is threatening her children's father with a raise in child support if she gets reported, and hinting that she will have more children because she can get even more money for them. That is bad. At this point I'd say report her.

    Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • Absolutely I would. She is stealing from each and every taxpayer, and using resources that may be needed by another.

    Answer by justnancyb at 5:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.