Do you have a First Aid Exam?

Do you think it is important to have a First Aid Exam when you have a child?

adriennfaklya

Asked by adriennfaklya at 5:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes! I would have loved to know that mouth wounds bleed like the devil and most of the time they are not that serious, but a gum wound needs emergency room care immediately (my daughter litterally hit her gums so hard her tooth turned gray.) Luckily the dentist and doctor have helped me keep from having too many heart attacks.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 11:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• what is it?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• the key aims of first aid can be summarized in three key points:[4]

* Preserve life - the overriding aim of all medical care, including first aid, is to save lives
    * Prevent further harm - also sometimes called prevent the condition from worsening,or danger of further injury, this covers both external factors, such as moving a patient away from any cause of harm, and applying first aid techniques to prevent worsening of the condition, such as applying pressure to stop a bleed becoming dangerous.
    * Promote recovery - first aid also involves trying to start the recovery process from the illness or injury, and in some cases might involve completing a treatment, such as in the case of applying a plaster to a small wound

First aid training also involves the prevention of initial injury and responder safety, and the treatment phases.
    adriennfaklya

Comment by adriennfaklya (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• ok I have cpr and burn care and since some other first aid knowledge

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Here whoever works with children and wants to register with OFSTED (practice as childminder, nanny, anyone who works with children) needs a First Aid exam. And I always recommend to every parents I work with or talk to. It is so important. And it can save someone's life.

adriennfaklya

Comment by adriennfaklya (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010