any second thoughts?

I had my tubes "tied" after my 4th child was born in April......now im having second thoughts about it. I wasnt really sure i wanted to do it in the first place, but my husband was insistant he wanted no more children. He would NOT even discuss the thought of a vesectomy. Im not really looking for what i could have or should have done......just looking for moms who can relate. Dont get me wrong....i am very blessed and happy with the 4 boys i have now and now i am fortunate to have them....i know some ppl cant have any. I think its just the thought of me not being able to have any more if i wanted to.

team21

Asked by team21 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I understand how you are feeling. I told them NO at the last second. Like IN the surgery having my csection. LMAO. They verified it like a dozen times before closing me up. Ah, the magic of spinal blocks.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 5:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I understand completely. Sometimes I look at my baby and wonder if I made the right decision in saying "no more" and getting my tubes tied. But then reality hits like a truck load of bricks and I remind myself that I better thank God that He gave her to me while I'm still young enough to keep up (she's the youngest of 5 kids total). If I had tried when I was done with my education (going to be an attorney) I would be in my 30's and struggling to keep up with her AND my career. As it stands, she'll be 10 years old when I get done, and much older than she is now and easier to keep up with lol, at least, that's my hope.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 11:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010