Abortion question

I know it is not a general parenting question, but I had no where else really to put it.

I had an abortion about two years ago and until this day it still makes me so depressed! I was raped and I wanted to keep it but my mom kept nagging me about all the negetive things that would come of me having this baby. So I just felt it would be okay and everything would go back to normal. But how do I get over it? I am not religious so I do not fear burning in hell. I just want to take it back and be raising that child who I robbed a chance at life. What should I do to help me get over this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Time and counseling. Often times patients who get abortions regret it for the rest of their lives, but most of the time they also don't get counseling to help. Rape is enough trauma in itself, having an abortion only makes it harder to overcome. GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• counseling

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I am sorry to hear your situation. You could try counseling or find a support group. Call your local planned parenthood clinic and ask if they offer services. ((hugs))
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 5:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Counseling is the best, your going to have to work through the emotions to get over them
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• you cant blame yourself for that decision. rape is not an easy thing to go through and getting pregnant by your rapist must have been horrible. you may never get over it but you could see if oyu cna find a victims support group, maybe call your local police station and see if they can recomend one. its not your fault. and you had alot to think about.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Therapy.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 5:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I agree, it would be best to do both individual counseling and a support group. There are professionals trained to handle your specific situation, and being able to talk to other people who have been through similar situations will help you to not feel so guilty and alone.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You may not be religious, but Jesus is there with his LOVING arms to comfort you from #1 being raped. #2 from being nagged into thinking you shouldn't keep your child. #3 the guilt you suffer from. #4 the loss of your child, and the wondering what could have been. I don't think Jesus is very happy with the people who preach about people burning in hell! Jesus didn't even do that! But what He did say was that God LOVED the world SOOO much that He sent His ONLY Son to save them all. Jesus died on the cross so that His blood could wash you clean from this stain(and me from my stuff), and it would be thrown into the sea of forgetfulness, and you could forgive yourself with His help, and walk into your future with Jesus there to help you pick up the pieces and have a good life-- WITH HIM!! Also you can be assured that you will see your sweet baby in heaven!!! So with Jesus, there is HOPE!!!!!!!!
    missmissymee

Answer by missmissymee at 5:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i agree. def. counseling is your best bet. and even a rape support group.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010