Is there anything to take to enhance fertility after taking Depo Provera Shot?

In July 2010, I received my first Depo Provera shot. We decided we wanted to have a baby and i did not receive my second shot that was due in Oct 2010. I am due for another shot in Jan but am not getting it. I am wondering if their is anything to take to enhance my fertility.

I had my period all three months of the use of Depo, November i did not receive my period and took a couple test to be sure. Dec 7th i started spotting and now i am having a light period. VERY light.

I started to take Liquid B6 & B12 and Vitex.

I am wondering if anyone else was on DEPO and if they took anything to enhance their fertility and successful became preg.

canxo

Asked by canxo at 5:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have not been on it, but I know that it can take up to 6 months for your period to go back to normal after going off the shot. You would be better off taking a prenatal vitamin than specific vitamins separately. I have PCOS and have had trouble with fertility and recurrent miscarriages. Here's what I took (of over the counter supplements) when I became pregnant with my daughter, who is now two -
    Prenatal vitamin
    1000mg fish oil (omega) supplement
    Soy Isoflavones - these you only take the first 4-5 days of your cycle, and you take about 250mg a day. It helps with maturing the eggs. :) So it can speed up ovulation a little - both cycles I took it I ovulated about 5 days early.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• It took about 3 months for my period to be regular after my final shot wore off
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My OB had me go on BCPs for 2-3 months to help my body get back into the swing of things, but I had been on depo for 2 years.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 6:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• ahh i was on it for a year and it took 2 to get pregnant
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 10:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2010