How do you deal with stress?

I have friends I can talk to, but everyone has there own issues going on, and I don't want to vent to them, they don't need that. I don't want to be a big baby and whine about things either.

There is so much going on right now with friends, family, work, finances, and it's getting to be quite much. How do you deal with stress?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Health

• Not very well.
    Seriously. I have massage therapy for stress/migraine headaches because of...well...stress!
    And when I need it, I have Ativan.

I feel like I'm going to explode, kinda like a pressure cooker. I try to not do it in front of the kids, so I'll cry in the shower.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Eventually, I will hit my limit and melt down, but I would like to avoid that if possible. I did get into 2 big arguments with my SO this weekend, which is not normal. I don't know if it's stress (because I don't recogonize stress until I melt down-I recogonize that I have stressful things going on and a lot going on, but I handle things well....until I don't) or if it's hormones from my period.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• go jogging or just for a long walk =)
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 6:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I exercise. I love to run my problems out because 1. I'm alone & I can think clearly. 2. running is putting my energy to something more constructive so that I don't have the energy to stress. 3. since my mind is clearing up I can take one problem at a time and find a simple solution 4. it causes me to focus on breathing which has always been a good way for anyone to relax - nice deep breaths. The stretch after the run helps relax my mind entirely because all I focus on is the release of tension throughout my entire body. Even in the cold I prefer running outdoors so that the scenery chagnes.
    No_Difference

Answer by No_Difference at 8:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010