SO wants to go to lunch w/his friends...

His friends are all having lunch
he calls me at 2:38p, he was off at 2:30 and is like can I go to lunch with (fill in name)
I was like sure

then I was like, wait, so you're going right now?
-yes
-then no, you should have given me some notice in advance, come home
-but it's for his birthday and blah blah
-well if you knew there was a lunch when you got off work you should have called and let me know earlier, I was expecting you home after work so I can have a little break so get home. Love You Buh Bye

^^should I just have let him go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• LMAO! People don't read, do they? Eh, I don't always, either. But, hell, my hubby has to ask me for things, too. And I ask him, too. It's not about being a 'kid', it's about respect. What IF something else was going on? You don't know if you don't...ASK. Yes, we do ASK, and we do a little think called compromise, too. I think it's a little more rude to just tell your spouse you are gonna do something then ask if it's ok for you to do something.
    OP should have put more info in the original post. But still, OP did put more in following posts, and is still getting shit. Her hubby knew she needed him home, and for more then just so she could shower. She needed to study for a final. You know, for school? If my hubby knew for 4 hours they were planning on lunch, and called me at the last min, I'd say no, too. Especially when he KNEW I needed him home. If her hubby thought it unfair, they'd be fighting right now, right?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yeah, let him go. Just tell him that in the future if you could be made aware sooner so you could also plan accordingly, that would be nice.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Let him go. Pick you battles. Dont fight over something this stupid
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yep I agree I let him go its not like this is an every day thing! How come you cant shower with your kids at home?
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 6:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• well if it's a consistant thing then i'd probly do the same thing. by reading your original post however, it seemed to me like it was really just a one time deal. some times my dh will call and have last minute plans, and i have no problem with them as long as there aren't any other important things going on like doc appts, ect. but he doesn't stay out for hours at a time, not unless there is a really good reason, and he would call to let me know. normally though, he wants to come home and be with us.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'm sorry, I can't get past him asking your permission and you saying you usually let him. You're married! He's your spouse not your child. You say one of the biggest issues is that he does things last minute, but does he do it all the time to where you're constantly having to rearrange plans or schedules or that type of thing?

I get that you were expecting him home, but he was only going to lunch for someone's birthday. Can't you taking a break wait for an hour or two? It doesn't sound as if you had an appointment that was cancelled or meeting or anything, just a break that was postponed. I think he should have gone.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 6:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Wow. Way to keep that leash nice and tight.
    He's a grown man. If he wants to go out with his friends then he should be able to. He doesn't have to ask your permission. How would you feel if you had to ask permission to go and celebrate a friend's birthday. He's not your child, he's your husband. Show him some respect.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• LET him?? He works to support you and your kid (s) and he called to ask you if he could go?? Damn, why are you being such a control freak? The man should have the freedom to go get lunch... especially if it was for his birthday. Be happy he called, even if it was after he knew for a bit. Would taking a shower an hour or two later really kill you?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I agree with the PP...
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Maybe once I get a shower he can go, if he didn't miss it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010