re posting question due to computer glitch...2 year old htat whines??

my 2 year old is in speach therapy to help him talk. drs are concerend he was showing signs of autisim so they wanted him to get some extra help..
he can say things like mom, yes no, thank you, ... but latly the whinnying is just getting out of control...daddy thinks hes frustrated b/c hes deployed and it was a shock to him..i get that i do. but what do i do about the non stop whinnying.
ex- dinner tonight he just sat there and cryed/whinned, juice was there and i gave him otpions for dinnerchicken nuggets and fruito chips, and taco meat with hard shell..he only ate the shell and the fretoes....
i know its cold outside and so all the kids are miserable with the indoor activities...
but im seriously on the verge of screaming!!!

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 5:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is hard to handle a child that whines non stop and as a parent it is hard to say no. I have 2 boys and my oldest goes in and out of whining fits. It will be great for a month or so and then he is back at it. It helps to have communication between the two of you. Lack of that and the child's ability to understand makes the whole situation harder. My youngest has been slow on the speech and I find it hard to get him to the point of understanding. What I have done is tried to minimize the fits. If he doesn't get the chance to whine then maybe the fits will go away. When they have arrived at that crucial point of communication then I have sat down with them and talked about how throwing fits will not get them what they want but will get them a trip to time out. Be patient and try different tactics and one day you will find relief. Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I am sending hugs.. I have a child who has the verbal skills but whines more than the average child.. ( 3 year old ) BUMP!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• how long has it been going with whining and how long had dh been deployed, it could be the deployment as he is used to seeing daddy n mommy and now he just has mommy he could feeling like he has done something to wrong to make daddy go away its hard on kids as well as wifes, try and introduce something new to him and see how he gets on or making some play dates with mothers who have kids around his own age might help too, hope you get it sorted
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Kids whine. Parents tolerate it. I don't get why this is such a dilemma. Learn to be patient.
    Anonymous

• well daddys been gone for almost 6 months now..still got 6 months to go...whinny has been going on since ??? now that i think about it when daddy left..he was starting to talk then just stopped.. hes been showing sign of austism tho since he was about 1...which is why they wanted to start the speach and behavior therapy now to see if it helped...

and annon i know kids whine..and paretns ahve to be patient...but with the weather and being snowed in 3 kids..no help, no fam no dad..you get where im going dont cha?
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have a toddler that whines more than the average child..I think. It does get annoying to me too..to the point of me wanting to pull my hair out! I feel ya! Hang in there... hopefully he will grow out of the 'stage"...that's what Im hopeing for anyways! :)
    LoveMyKids0203

Answer by LoveMyKids0203 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2010