Greece or Ireland?

My husband and i are planning a family vacation to either Greece or Ireland in the next 5yrs. I would much rather go to Greece since i have family roots there, but dont want to make conflict. I also have 2 friends from Greece on CM that i have been chatting with for a couple of years that i would love to meet. I think it is pretty clear where we will end up going, but would like to hear a little something about both places from other moms that may have been to either of these wonderful places.

team21

Asked by team21 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Travel

• my sister went to greece and she said its so beautiful out there that she fell in love in the place, we have family in ireland we're half irish never been to ireland would love to go sometime
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Ireland is beautiful- my husband and children are actually dual US/Irish citizens. I have never been to Greece, but i hear it's beautiful- I think the climate of Greece offers a wider range of outdoor activities.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Ireland!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 7:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Ireland, no contest.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• can you do both? Save a little bit more money and spend like a weekend in Ireland and 2weeks in Greece?
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 9:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• If those were my choices and I had the friends there- I would most definately choose Greece- No brainer!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would choose Greece!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have been to Ireland and it is ab-so-lute-ly beautiful and the locals are so friendly...you should go too!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I lived in Santorini and Corfu for a while. I love the Cycladic islands. From here, you can take a boat to Kusadasi, Turkey for a couple nights. I'd really do Greece and the food will be great. I've been four times and would go back in a second but the flight is a little long for our kids. As it turns out, we're going to Ireland (tix booked) in August. Keep in touch with me and I'll let ya know what I think of Ireland too!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• OK thanks jeaclaudia, let me know how Ireland is!
    team21

Comment by team21 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2010