would you pawn the gift?

so i know that i'm getting a camera for x-mas. i really want a camera... but i can do without one. the person giving it to me- i've cut them outta my life completely.

right now, me and DS are struggling- a lot. even for food. i'm thinking of pawning the gift to get some money for the things we need.

for the record- i've said that i dont want any gifts at all. if i do get a gift, i'd rather it be a gas card or a gift card at a local grocery store.

(eta: the person is getting me this gift b/c they think i really want it-- and this is their attempt at buying my love- again.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Sell it on Ebay or Craigslist- you'll probably get more for it.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 6:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would pawn it if you really do need the money for essentials. I have done it.
    xredstarsx

Answer by xredstarsx at 6:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I saw pawn it if you get one. You already stated you dont want gifts so why would someone go and get something for you anyways. The well being for you and your LO is more important.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• pawn shops don't give much
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• sell it on ebay. You get more money that way
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would sell it on craigslist . You'd get more money and you wont have to worry about the fees of Ebay
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 6:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would keep it. The camera will take pics that last a lifetime, the food will be gone in no time, and who cares who gave it to you.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I think it should be used the way you want it used. A camera can't exactly feed people. But getting money for it can. We all do what we have to do based on necessity.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2010