How do you deal with stress

I posted this in the "Health" section, but I don't know if many people go there. I'm looking for ideas for how to deal with stress before it becomes melt down worthy. Here was my question...

I have friends I can talk to, but everyone has there own issues going on, and I don't want to vent to them, they don't need that. I don't want to be a big baby and whine about things either.

There is so much going on right now with friends, family, work, finances, and it's getting to be quite much. How do you deal with stress?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Stay away from people who bring you down. Listen to music that has a fun rythym to get your brain happy, and don't allow yourself any negative thoughts. The more negative thoughts that build up, the worse the depression or anxiety. Sometimes venting only makes it worse cuz you are totally focused on the negative. Hope this helps. Nothing is worth your sanity and your happiness so let go of anything that hurts to hold on to.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Are you in a group that you could vent with the other members? I honestly deal with my stress by venting in my group and talking to my friends and praying......GL hon, try your group and hope they are supportive of you.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 6:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I agree with above, but also try activities, like excercising, meditations, baths.. anything that you enjoy and relaxes/releases stress for you. Even if you can only do it a little bit each day.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I can't give good advice because I'm an emotional=stress eater.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't go on and on about it but I would talk to my friends. That's what they are there for. I know for me a little exercise daily really helps allot. I try and go for a short walk in the morning before my hubby goes to work so I can just have that alone time.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 6:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I read for fifteen minutes before going to bed..this helps me redirect my thoughts away from finance and daily issues. my current book, which i have read before is called " One hundred years in solitude". love it.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 6:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Walking help, cleaning, and venting while your doing it. You'll get some crazy stares but who cares as long as you feel better.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 7:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• when i get stressed i cry, clean or vent.
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 7:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I scream somethimes just for the heck of it. Feels so good and then most of the time I laugh and feel much better. Try it is kinda fun. Scream at the top of your lungs "IM MAD AS HELL AND I WONT TAKE IT ANYMORE! Works for me most of the time. Good luck momma it will get better.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• good luckTry to take a little time to yourself everyday. Even if it isn't but 15 min. it could make a difference. Also, take one day at a time that way you won't get ahead of yourself. Don't take on too much at a time, getting overwhelmed isn't going to help the situation. Don't worry about what's already happened, you can't do anything about it. Don't obsess over what you think can happen tomorrow. Sometimes you don't always know the answer until the times comes. Don't be too hard on yourself.

amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2010