Getting your baby to sleep

I have 3 kids, 4, 3 and 6 months. I'd really like to get my baby to sleep in her bed on her own. I don't remember having this issue with the older two, but how can I get her to go to sleep, she'll likely cry a bit, without disturbing my older 2? Tell me how you have handled this situation.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A couple nights of having a disturbing child to the other kids is much better than mommy not getting any sleep. Amazing enough my son slept through all of my babies crying. My daughter who is 6 months has been sleeping through the night for 2 months now. Solids helped too. I also did some sleep training. If she/he begins to cry go in and comfort them but don't pick them up. Do this until they fall asleep. It may take a few nights but this will help.
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My son is still sleeping with me too and I haven't tried him in his crib for a night yet. But I'm reading a book called "the no-cry sleep solution" and it says to try letting her play in her crib during the day and you play along with her. Do this several times a day. You first want to teach her that it's a safe and comfortable place to be. I haven't gotten any further in the book to tell you anymore. (sorry) But maybe just by doing that, she will take to it a little more. Good luck.
    MaMaMo531

Answer by MaMaMo531 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Thanks ladies! I read the no cry sleep solution, more like skimmed it. I used a few techniques from it. I have done the Ferber method with my older 2 and then they were fine. My daughter stared waking around 15 months. Quick feeding and she was luled back to sleep. My son was my champion sleeper, although I did do a no no and give him a bottle and he was out!
    My baby was sleeping through the night but now is teething and I think that is why she now wakes!
    I do agree that it is better to have to have her disturb the older kids for a few night's to get to the ultimate goal, going to sleep on her own! I will definately try that! Thanks.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2008