Confused about baby movement

So I'm 23 weeks pregnant, and although I feel little flutters in my stomach, they still feel like gas. Everyone I know says the baby should be moving more, but the doctor says he/she is healthy. Has anyone else had a problem feeling the baby move?

icb1990

Asked by icb1990 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• y don't u try drinking some apple juice to wake him/her up???? sometimes a little sugar wakes them up. wait like an 1 1/2 and see any movements. but other times it happens now that the baby is growing there's less space to move that's y.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You are at that time when it just feels like flutters. It is so small still and has lots of water to pad it. Very soon, they will get more distinct. Don't worry. You feel it moving, then it's good! Doesn't have to be doing acrobatics yet!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 6:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I sometimes feel little flutters a little while after I eat, but sometimes it's completely random. And sometimes I don't feel anything. Today there was more movement than usual, but it was in the morning and I've barely felt it since.
    icb1990

Comment by icb1990 (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• P.S. You don't feel it moving constantly either. I remember a day or two would pass with nothing, then whammo. It isn't until the last trimester when you feel it daily multiple times a day. By then you will see your stomach moving!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 6:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Thanks, you are very reassuring (:
    icb1990

Comment by icb1990 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• No problem. I was a MAJOR worrier the whole time I was pregnant. I know how you feel.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 6:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I didn't feel constant moving when i had my son.. i think it was because I was walking around so much with school and everything, that he was sleeping alot.

Somewhere around 30 weeks, my midwife decided she needed to wake him up a bit(his heart rate was slow, but not too slow, just relaxed) and i left the doctors with a baby that had the hiccups..very wierd.

The movement will come just wait,
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• When I first started feeling movement, it felt like butterflies in my stomach
    ShhhItsASecret

Answer by ShhhItsASecret at 8:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You are totally normal. As weeks go on they will get harder and harder, just wait until 38 weeks! Now those are some kicks.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 12:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2010