For everyone that answered "Is my son's name THAT bad??"!!

Just wanted to say thank you so much for all of your input. For the record, I didn't pick the name. My hubby did. I wanted Daniel Joshua Wafford. He also picked the spelling!! (butthole took the E out cuz he already know an ANDERZ) =). I did persuade him to keep the Daniel Joshua part just in case he wants to go by those names. I'll be showing him your answers and trying to get him to at least put the E back in. Is there anything else you guys want to add???

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 6:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think the name is great but I would put an "E" in there. I also like the other name choices. I didn't give any of mine two middle names but I don't see the harm in it. My name isn't common either and I get misspells all the time and people can't pronounce it. I don't mind correcting them though. Oh by the way my name is Bernadette Jae. people want to call me Bernetta all the time why I don't know.
    priddymom

Answer by priddymom at 6:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• dam I missed the question but my kids have 2 middle names...we both picked one best wishes

Anonymous

• Yeah, put the E in there. Don't confuse him anymore when he goes to school with no vowel!!! My son also has 2 middle names. And all of our future children will too. 7% of the population does actually. I tihnk it's cool. Get a lot of flack for it, but I don't care.

MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I answered on the other question too. I just wanted to add that there isnt ANYTHING wrong with two middle names. GEESH. Some people just like to be negative! I have met sooo many people with two middle names, or who gave their kids two. No biggie. I would try to persuade him to put the E back in. But, if not, it's still cool. I'd rather see that name than another Jayden, Kaden, Gage, Trent, Makayla, Kylie, Skylar, blah blah blah running around. GOOD LUCK MOMMA
    ColormeGarnet

Answer by ColormeGarnet at 7:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I didn't see the original post but wanted to comment on the two middle name thing. So yeah I was all against two middle names. "I think its stupid" so I gave my son two first names instead lol How asanine is that? I didn't name him till after he was born. I blame it on the drugs :)

His first name is Benjamin Franklin and middle is Culpepper and since the first name is so long his social security card and tons of other stuff says Benajmin Frankli Culppepper. Frankli, I'm a moron :)
    fentrio

Answer by fentrio at 10:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I think it's fine as long as you like it and you don't mind having to keep defending it! I named my son Izaiah and you wouldn't believe how many people get confused over just one letter! He's gotten cards in the mail addressed to "Azaha", "Izahi", etc lol. But, I still like it! I mean, all I did was spell it like it's pronounced!!!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:03 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I just read all the posts from the previous question... holy crap, a lot of answers!!! I can tell you from experience; see if you can go with an easier spelling. I know you want to be unique (actually I should say your hubby here...) but man, I have to correct people all the time when they spell my daughter's name. I named her Rubi, when it wasn't popular at all, and ever since that day I have regretted it! EVERY time, they put a Y. On party invites, insurance paperwork, anything I do dealing with her, they spell it wrong. It really gets old going, "Nope, sorry it's with and I.." or "My daughter Rubi needs an appointment, noooo, it's R-U-B-I...."

leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 9:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• As far as the two middle names, it's not like you are going to say them all, all the time either; honestly, you will likely stick them on the birth certificate and only say one out loud when you use it...

I love the name itself, I can only suggest simplifying the spelling for your sanity and theirs in the future, it truly is a pain inn the booty... :(
    leoangel