What are your favorite type of cloth diapers and why?

I am trying to decide whether to get the ones that button or the velcro ones....or a little of both.

team21

Asked by team21 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We're going to be using the FLIP diapers. They have snaps!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Snaps. I made velcro at first, but he could take it off by 8 or 9 months. Snaps are definitely way better all around.

As for *type* of diaper... I prefer Ai2 systems. But having a variety is a good thing!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 8:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My sister in law uses thirsty's. They have elastic around the legs. We tested the absorbency of this diaper and a few others, as well as how likely the cover would leak. And so far they are working great! They snap to size and then have Velcro like disposables for putting the diaper on and off. Some of the brands diapers require you re size them every time you removed a wet pad, Thirsty's does not.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I prefer snaps. We use prefolds and Thirsties covers at home and a lot of times I have to rush to get her pants back on because she starts to take the cover off. Not a huge deal. But we use pocket diapers when out and about and my favorite are the Fuzzibunz. She can unsnap them, if she really tries, but it definitely takes her longer. I don't have to rush with those as much.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We use pre folds with GroVia covers. I was doing thirsties but they were leaking and DD out grew them very quickly.

We have some with snaps and some with aplix- which is a Velcro-like sticky stuff. The Velcro on the thristies covers is really rigid. Once DD took off her diaper and she scratched herself really bad with the stiff Velcro. Aplix is soft to the touch.

DH likes snaps best. I like Aplix best.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2010