im soo worry... im past due my due date .. it was soppust to be the 8 of this month.. and i just went to my doctor today and they gonna induce my labor on the 21.. is this normal or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• omgosh, spelling and grammar.

WORRY.
    SUPPOSED.
    THEY WILL.
    OR NOT.

SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 7:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Totally normal.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• OMGOSH? It should be, "oh my gosh!" .... SMARTASS. Leave the OP alone.
    Anonymous

• If the baby is positioned correctly for you to give birth to, which means the baby is positioned head down which usually occurs in the third trimester, their inducing labor will only get the ball rolling for you to have the baby. I had that done and the baby came quicker than I thought she would. However, that was with my second child and usually with each subsequent child you have the quicker the whole birthing process takes.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• my english is not that good.. and if is for you to be writting things like this dont waste your time... thats sooo childishh omg
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• yeah, some doctors wait until 2wks after your due date to do anything about it. sometimes your due date can be inaccurate, so it's best to be on the safe side. my dd was 7 days late. they would have made me wait another week before deciding anything.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Your due date can be up to 14 days off without any reason to worry, so yeah, totally normal. Each women conceives during different times of her cycle and your due date is just a guess taken from there. I was due on the 6th, I'm still prego! And happily so. Both of my older two were induced (17 & 13 days over due) and this one will be induced on Friday which will make her 11 days late. I prefer it, and as long as there is no issues with blood pressure or sugar or something else, there isn't anything for you to worry about. If you have questions, call your doctor, but from what you have here I see no point in worrying!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would be worried. I don't want to scare you. A nurse told me when I had my first, that my baby wouldn't be in nicu if I hadn't waited so long to have her. My dd swallowed meconium when she was still in my uterus at birth. It is the poop stuff that babies due when their newborns. The doctor checked me at the last appointment and said there wasn't any signs that would indicate that she would be out any time soon. The next week I started having labor pains. They got the monitors hooked up to me and sure enough, my baby was fighting for her life. 14 days she was in the neonatal intensive care. I was so stressed out. I just thought I would die when they told me she was in distress. If I were you I would ask some questions to the doctor about waiting that long.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 7:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• u guys have to leave her alone. who cares if she misspelled??!!! at least she's asking a question!!!
    don't worry about it, probably the baby is ready that's why they want to induce u early.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Well you don't have to agree to the induction. Yes it is normal for them to want to induce. After a certain amount of time the placenta will start to die off and not function like it is supposed to. They like to have baby out before it does this because eventually it will detach from the uterine wall. But if you aren't comfortable with the idea of induction speak up. Good luck!!

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2010