What can I eliminate from my bulldogs diet to cut down on his gas

daisydays171

Asked by daisydays171 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pets

• people food

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• they are known to be gassy, drooly and snorry. Not sure what you can do.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• The part that makes him a bulldog! :0) j/k. Seriously though they are VERY prone to gassiness. Butterflyblue is right though if he gets people food cut that out first. Also make are he is on a premium diet like Blue Buffalo or Nature Recipe or at least a good name brand food like Purina ONE. The beefy treats can cause gas as well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Not much you can do, they tend to be more gassy because of their pushed in face and how they intake oxygen. Absolutely no people food what so ever and you might want to try calling or googling to see if there are any brands that have special food that is easy to digest.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 7:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• calling a vet* sorry lol
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 7:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Try corn, it's not digestible and just a filler. There are several corn free diets to choose from. It helped my american bulldog a LOT!
    00momma00

Answer by 00momma00 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Probably the dog food he is on any people and whatever dog treats he gets. Check out this site

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/  it will give you an idea about the food that people think are so great.  Check out the food that is 4 stars and up on the site

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• brachiocephalic (sp?), dogs with smushed faces are gassy because of the way the breathe. All the snorting and snorting attacks make them really really farty.

I have an english/french mix and a boston terrier, sooooo many dog farts...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Since I switched my dogs to a raw diet the gas problem is gone.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 8:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Try Solid Gold Hund n flocken. I know this food made a big difference for my friend's bulldogs. Also I have an American Bulldog who rarely has gas, she is fed Fromm's Surf and Turf. My breed can have gas issues too.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 8:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010