How do keep a close relationship with family that live 5000 miles away?

daisydays171

Asked by daisydays171 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• its very hard as my family live further than that mine live in another country im english so try england lol, its hard but we still talk
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Phone, puter cam so you can see them when you talk to them. Assuming they have puters, if not I don't really know but GL hon.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 7:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Skype, e-mail, send pictures, set up a family webpage where everyone can post what is going on in their lives (COZI is one site I know of that does this), write letters, talk on the phone. It is hard but it is doable.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• we are in so. cal. and half my family is an hours drive, half in IN, and his are in NY. The ones we are closest with are the ones in NY because there is an effort made on both sides. We see each other about twice a year. The family north of us an hour we seem to see once a year for a couple hours. The ones in IN we see maybe once a year but they are kind of out of touch with the idea of kids.

So it comes down to how big an effort is made on BOTH sides.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• SKYPE, email, cards
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 8:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• honestly for me facebook is the best for keeping in touch with family and friends, every time I put up new pictures or videos they get to see, I can keep them up to date on the happenings of the day and we can chat back and forth, and you can get all of the family joking around and enjoying the conversations. We life away from family (not that far) and I am able to keep in touch with sisters, my parents, aunts, cousins. We have done Skype a few times but we never have anything to say at the moment.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• calls, emails etc. also send them little unexpected gifts in the mail. it doesn't have to be expensive but just to let them know u appreciate them;;; everyone loves receiving a little parcel once in a while.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010