Caffiene While Breastfeeding?

What effect does it have on the baby? i know my Dr. said 1-2 cups a day is ok but i a, just curious what it would do to the baby? anyone know? thanks

AJsMama1110

Asked by AJsMama1110 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It all depends on the child. My first born had no issue with me drinking some Dew every day, but my second was horribly cranky anytime I took a sip.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have never had a problem with it either but I do limit it. Lol I don't drink or smoke but I do like a good glass of caffeine lol. I know that caffeine if you drink too much can dehidrate you and it depletes some of your iron which is not good for you or the baby. So if you do decide to go a little over board one day take an iron tablet and drink plunty of water with it.

here is a website

http://www.kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/caffeine.html
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 8:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My dd is not the most caffeine tolerant baby. I can usually get away with 1 soda or cup of coffee but any more than that she spits up all day. More often than not minimal caffeine doesn't affect a baby, you just have to watch your individual baby. Look at it like you would when you introduce solids, try it for a few days and watch for adverse effects.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Some babies can have it no problem. My son could. My DD could NOT. Not more than one small cup or she was a fussy mess.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I drank it while I was breast feeding but on;y once in a while. It did affect my boy
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I drink one cup almost everyday and none of my babies had a problem with it. I usually drank it after the first morning feeding.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• In the beginning if I had any caffeine, she wouldn't sleep well. Now at 10 months, it doesn't really bother if I have some. I usually drink a coke or something around lunchtime.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i drink just one can a day! and my dd is fine!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I drink caffiene and I haven't had any problems.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Caffeine has a lot of effects on your body, increased heart rate, dehydration....just not worth it, wait a little longer and you can have all the caffeine you wish!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2010