how do you lose your child's birth certificate or other important papers?

seriously..do you think a good parent would lose that? and i do know accidents happen..i'm not talking about accidents

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've lost my oldests BC twice now... I'm just not organized. I always put them in a "safe place" where I "won't loose them" and then forget where it is... Thankfully it's not hard to get copies of this stuff...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Maybe if they are not very organized or have moved a lot and they are just misplaced...IDK! Ours are in the fireproof safe downstairs.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I think part of stress of life people misplace things on a regular basis. I have a place for all my documents and then I just know where things are but life happens!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Depends like when we moved I think I misplaced it and it took me forever to find them in all the boxes but yea there are a few things parents should probably not loose!!!!
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 8:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• BTW...I honestly don't think that makes someone a "bad parent" either
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'm going to tell you this. It has "NOTHING" to do with being a bad or good mom. We all lose things, and I can't count how many times I had to use my credit card to order one of my kid's birth certificates. However, I did learn a good lesson(after paying so much money) and I purchased a file box, and every since I have not lost one important document. Instead of bashing this person, give her some advice and tell her to buy a small file box to keep everything in.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• People misplace things, things get lost, and people can be disorganized. And yes... life happens. Doesn't mean your a bad mother it just means that you need some better organization skills and possible some ginkgo for memory loss. These things can easily be replaced.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 8:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I loose things often. lol. I hope that doesn't make me a bad mom! Oh well, add it to the list. ;0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I've lost them. I really don't think that is a way to judge a good parent.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Careless people but it doesn't mean your a bad parent. Just means some people need to wake up and realize that stuff is important and anyone can get a hold of it and steal the identity
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2010