Do you have a household budget?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Oh yes and keeping it is something I am good at. Maybe because we don't have tons of it to throw around.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We do but it's really hard to stick to sometimes. Right now because Christmas is coming up, but normally, because my husband is REALLY bad at keeping track of money and likes to eat out all the time.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 8:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• yes. we have to.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Do I have a household budget? Yes! Do I follow it? No! My kids always need something especially for school.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yes, but it has not been easy sticking to it. I find that I have to write down whenever I spend $ to help me keep track of the budget. I'm still too paranoid to put all my info online at one of these budget websites like mint.com
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 8:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• yes my mother is very bad with money (main reason they couldnt stay together) so my father taught me how to plan and budget.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 9:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Absolutely! And we stick to it religiously.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We do too! We rewrite it at the beginning of every month and we stick to it. We're allowed to change it as things come up as long as we both agree to it before hand.

We do a zero based budget which means that every dollar has a 'name' before the month begins. So if we have to change it mid-month then something else has to give. It saves us so much money!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Not really. I mean I keep track of what comes and goes but we just get what we need or want.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I am the household so yes, I do! When the check is gone, its gone so making it last and getting everything paid is the trick. Everything is paid before any "fun money" is allowed to be spent!
    mommymeg2002

Answer by mommymeg2002 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010