Why do kids think the bathroom is an extra playroom?

I mean, really, what is so fun about the bathroom? And it's not like they don't know they aren't supposed to be in there... So why do we have to spend half the day chasing them out of there?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• LMAO
    I'm going through this, They want to go there because it's the forbidden area. They want what they aren't allowed to have
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Mine think the sink is a water table...lol. I just cant wait for the visit to my mom's for christmas because its one of the rare times i get to enjoy a bath by myself......or any bathroom time for that matter.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My kids are 3 & 4 and I just can't keep them out of there... Obviously I'm glad they are potty trained and able to go by them selves, but since when does it take 20 mins to go potty? And why does it require my entire floor to be soaked? Have I been doing it wrong all these years or what? lol!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My kid just turned 7 and still goes to "play" in there!!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Sounds like my bathroom after bath time How they got water on the ceiling I dont want to know
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• my daughter only goes in there to play if she has a friend over...lol..pretty sure its cuz thats where the makeup is LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I blame the toilet. All that water swirling around whenever they push the button down? It's fasinating for them. lol, at least, for mine it is.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 10:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Its because they know they are not supposed to be there. Plus all that water is too much fun to pass up!
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• my kids r the same way. had to have the plummer out yesterday to unclog the potty. not to mention me nine year old has to use the bathroom everywhere we go like its fasinating to see or somehing i dont get it i cant figuer out y they dont understand that they r nasty.
    sherlyn.maske

Answer by sherlyn.maske at 6:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2010