What does your 19mo old eat

what is their meal schedule like. I find my son eating the same things everyday. Everytime i try to introduce new foods, he wont even touch it!

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At that age they always ate whatever I made for the rest of us. No special diet or anything.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• she eats the same things i eat. plus a few snacks throughout the day, usually fresh fruit or whole wheet crackers. with my baby i have found that she will throw a fit if she doesnt want to try something. i will just move her tray and keep her buckled in her high chair and after a few minutes she is asking for her tray back.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I think all kids go through that except so far my daughter hasn't there are only a handful of things she won't eat. but what I did is stop making the same thing and make whatever you want for dinner and serve it to your child if they refuse to eat then don't worry they will eat I am sure for breakfast. Also maybe try having dessert a few times a week. pudding or apple sauce are really good ideas. go the first day making what they know they will eat and when they are finished eating reward them and praise them for eating. then make what you want the next day and if he/she doesn't finish they do not get dessert and you do. Try not giving in when they cry. You are trying to teach them good healthy eating habits. You can go a few days alternating what they want and what you want and reward the good and not the bad.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 8:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My dd is 21 months. She has no problem trying new foods, but I have always given her lots of different foods. We don't always eat the same thing, and we try new things. With my older kids, I take what I know they like and add something to it, or make a new dish out of it. My kids love cheese. I add cheese to lots of things we eat. Eggs, potatoes, vegetables. My kids will try it, and usually they like it.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Try eatting it n sayin ummmm yummy my daughter wont eat something she ate 20mina ago if i dnt pretend i enjoy it :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 3:20 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• same schedule as the family. except snacks between breakfast and lunch. snack between lunch and dinner.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2010