Book Recommendations?

I'm trying to find more books to read (as I can afford them). I like fantasy and romance novels. I don't like westerns or sci-fi. The authors I normally read include Anne Rice, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Yasmine Galenorn, Charlaine Harris, and Stephen King.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I would recommend anything by Patricia Briggs. Fantasy and Romance are not my normal genres, but I have friends who love them, and swear by Briggs' books, especially the Mercy Thompson series.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• If you like King, you would like Dean Koontz. Some are weird but most I've read keep you in suspense. Very hard to put down.
    megamamaw

Answer by megamamaw at 12:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Have you read The Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarnations_of_Immortality
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• If you like horror, check out John Saul. He's one of my favorites!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I read the Piers Anthony series and I liked it a lot. If you are okay with reading books that are for teenagers I loved the The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare..If you like mysteries I love the JD Robb series Naked in..It might sound funny although the Twilight Saga is a really great book as well.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Sundays at tiffanys,Suzanne's diary to Nicholas,Sam's letters to Jennifer -James Patterson, If you read any of these have tissues near by. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• James Patterson writes the BEST romance novels ever, when he gets around to it...usually he writes crime/mystery books.
    Piers Anthony is FANTASTIC, Sci-fi, but not in a majorly weird way....more fantasy, really. I prefer the Xanth novels.
    One book that I have to recommend to every woman, that EVERY WOMAN should read, is "The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder" by Rebecca Wells. The other Rebecca Wells books are a trilogy (Little Altars Everywhere, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, and Ya-Yas in Bloom) are also amazing books.
    The Twilight Saga rocks, regardless of what anyone might say they dislike about them.
    I've been an Anne Rice fan for years, as well. If you could find it, try "Echoes From the Macabre" by Daphne Du Maurier. It's a collection of her short stories, truly classic literature. Horror/suspense/sci-fi - she's the author who wrote "The Birds".
    So many great books to recommend...so little space
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• The Harry Dresden series by Jim Butcher. Have you read any Laurell K. Hamilton?
    Kilhara

Answer by Kilhara at 5:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony is Awesome and so are the Dresden Books. I liked Hamiltons Anita Blake series till it became over run with sex.

Ilona Andrews is very good and so is Kelley Armstrong. A good horror author that is older is Richard Matheson he wrote I am Legend.
    almightycookie

Answer by almightycookie at 2:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Here are a few that I've read recently that are my favorites: The Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian (paranormal); Tell No One by Harlan Coben (mystery); The Wallflower series by Lisa Kleypas (historical romance --- women are strong, not wishy-washy!); The Paid Companion by Amanda Quick (another historical mystery/romance); and The Troubleshooters series by Suzanne Brockman (contemporary/military-type romance).
    VanBurren

Answer by VanBurren at 11:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2010