• In the Spotlight:

getting children you babysit for something for christmas...

I just started keeping 2 children they are 3 and 5 months old I only keep them on "date nights" and have only kept them 2 times before well the family is going out of town on Dec 25 to Jan 1st...and I have to go over there one day to let her show me where everything is and how to do everything b/c i am going to feed the cats and do the whole litter thing when they are gone....so should I get the two kids something for christmas??? The two time I went over there they let me bring my 5 year old with me they were gone 5 hours and gave me $60 when I only asked for $30. I just didn't know if I should get them something for Christmas or not???

OKay 2 part question they asked me what I would charge to go over there them days for the cats they said everyother day would be okay how much should I charge them???
By the way I don't "know" this family they just moved here and I found them on sittercity. THanks so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• Oh and if i should get them something what should i get them????
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• question 1 - if you feel compelled to get something do but I am quite sure they aren't expecting it. If it was me I would do something little like a onsie, Christmas hat or bib.
    question 2- going rate for bet sitting in my area is 15-20 dollars a trip.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would check the rates for pet sitting in your area, as for the gifts, I think it would be thoughtful to take a small gift for each of the children, maybe even just an ornament.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'd say if you do, something small as a good jester. Your a sitter and don't really know them that well if new to the neighborhood.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2010