Cysts while pregnant!

I recently found out I have a cyst on one of my ovaries, it cause alot of pain sometimes but the doc doesn't want to do surgery he just wants to keep an eye on it for now. After finding out I discovered I was pregnant and now im worried about what kind of problems it can cause for me or the baby. I've been having some strange pain that I don't remember having with my daughter. I'm just wondering how often these things occur and what happens when your pregnant and you have a cyst.

lil_shannie

Asked by lil_shannie at 9:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Health

• I had one early on in my pregnancy and I freaked out when I had abdominal pain. It turns out that the cyst had burst, but the baby was completely fine. They usually don't cause problems..
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 9:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I had a cyst early in my 2nd pregnancy, from what the dr said.. but i guess it went away on its own cause i don't have it any more.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have at least 2 on each of mine and everything was fine. No problems because of them =) I had some slight pain at times because of them but I get that all the time so it was nothing new....Congrats and make sure to bring up your concern to your doc at your appointment.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i had a cyst on my right ovary while i was pregnant! we didnt find it until my first sono gram at 4 1/2 months! i was not having much pain and i thought the pain was normal stretching. it was the size of a foot ball and growing so i had to have it removed along with my ovary while i was 5 months pregnant! they could not put me under for the surgery so i was awake the whole time but i did get an epi! i was off work for a month and i have a nice scar from hip to hip now! but u cant see it unless im naked so no big deal! message me if u have any questions! it was really scary going threw that and it was my first baby! kinda makes me not want to try again! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My friend had cysts while she was pregnant. Her doctor did not want to remove hers either. He told her that with cysts and pregnancies, most of the time they will go away on their own. Just let the doctor know your concerns and I am sure he will let you know what to expect.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Its rare they remove cyst unless they are big..Mostly they will rupture and go away. I have had issues since I was 14. Not as bad sine having kids but I have had countless cust rupture and even when pregnant.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I had a cyst when I was 19 weeks preg. It was so painful they removed mine along with an ovary while I was still preg. The baby was fine.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• They usually don`t cause problems, but you can always call your OB to be on the safe side and set your mind to ease
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2010