how can i get my daughter to poop? she is afraid to let it out and i have tried everything.

bellagio

Asked by bellagio at 9:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does she still poop in a diaper? If she lets it out in there, then she will be fine. Just keep encouraging her to do it on the potty. Eventually she will, when she is ready.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Prune juice really helps my daughter. depending on how old she is try a potty chair. My daughter is 10mos and I just got her one two days ago and she feels way more comfortable in a seated position! Good luck!
    lil_shannie

Answer by lil_shannie at 9:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• How long has it been since she had her last BM? Have you tried juice? Purines?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Mineral oil mixed with Kerns nectar drinks-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Is she constipated from holding it in?
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I hope you get an answer because I have the same problem with my son, I've tried so many different things, and nothing works, and the dr's don't do anything either :(
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• my daughter went threw the same thing...she was scared to poop said it would hurt so i told her i would buy her some juice and it would help...i got her some apple juice she likes it and it will soften it...I had her drink it it then try it took a few drinks and she was still worried but she finally tried so now she gets juice at least once a week or if she says mommy I need some juice I give it to her and she goes every time now without the fuss...I hope this helps you because I no it can be frustrating
    firechickk

Answer by firechickk at 9:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You can buy Miralax, or you can also buy Pear juice in the baby juice section it will help.

My kid was SUPER constipated when she was younger. OMW she would hold it for 3 or 4 days then finally go and it looked like a grown man took a dump. This was when she was 3. We fought it from birth. Fletchers Castoria has also been around for YEARS. Most pharmacies carry it, taste sort of like root beer and it always helped mine go without giving her the runs. It takes an act of congress even now for my kid to get the runs and she is 14 although she does go more regularly now.

Also offer LOTS of water!
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Lots of water, prune juice, and exercise.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• A tiny bit of mineral oil in her formula won't hurt, it's not a laxative and will soften the stool. My Gr-son had the same problem, some children just have stools that are hard and they can't pass them bec it hurts.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 15, 2010