Origin of Food Products?

Do you check your grocery items to see where they were processed? Were your grapes grown in Chile? Your canned goods in China? Your packaged goods in ????? wherever????

I try to because I think it helps our farmers (Full Disclosure: my husband is a semi-retired peaches and nectarines farmer) and manufacturers during these tough economic times. Plus I wonder about the quality and safety regulations in other countries.

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 9:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I do look and I'm always curious as to where things come from and it worries me some.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I do to a point. I try to buy as little as possible that isn't grown/processed out of the country - I buy as much local stuff as possible. Definitely easier in the summer than winter though! One of these years we're hoping to grow & can enough of our own home-grown stuff we won't even need to buy any through the winter (mainly frozen/canned veggies).
    Anonymous

• I look cause I am curioous
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:19 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Sometimes, but sometimes our grocery store stocks certain things from other countries and I really wish they would try harder to purchase from local growers.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 11:38 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Absolutely!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2010