How do I get my body back to somewhat normal?

So my pregnancy totally destroyed my body. I have stretch marks, cellulite & lots of extra lbs. also, bc I got a c-section I have a pouch & it's really gross. Any advice??

proudmama2772

Asked by proudmama2772 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Welsome to motherhood. Your body will never be the same. However, it doesn't have to be bad either. Eating healthy and exercising will help your belly to go down. The pouch goes away after a while too. Vitamine E oil helps with stretchmarks. If you mix some with aloe vera gel and cocoa butter it'll work even better. Just rub it in after every shower and bath.

Unfortunatly I don't know how to get rid of cellulite.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 11:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Sit ups and walking have really helped me. I also had a c-sections. It is hard to lose the wieght and the pouch. When I go walking I try to remember to suck my tummy in the whole time. It will hurt but it helps. Then I start to lose weight again and the pouch returns and thats when I just do a few more sit ups. You really have to train the muscles they cut through. GOOD LUCK!
    MomofTwins07

Answer by MomofTwins07 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• After my last child (and first C-section)I did a low-fat diet and exercised during his afternoon nap (I did the Buns Of Steel step videos and some other aerobic stuff). The pouch will go away when the fat goes away.
    So find a diet that works for you (because if you dread doing it, you won't do it) and get a minimum 30 minutes of aerobic exercise daily (walk, run, bike, do an exercise video). To really kick it up a notch, add some weight training 2 or 3 times a week.

You'll be back in shape before you know it.
    niseylee

Answer by niseylee at 2:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Exercise and watching what you eat is important. One big help is cutting out all soda or any carbonated drinks. When I do this my tummy goes down and my water weight declines so I look slimmer. You can lose 20 to 30 pounds just cutting out soda. One thing I do is do alot of water with lemon squeezed in it, not only does it help with caffeine headaches but it helps to alkalinize your body. To burn fat you have to walk, run, or do some other aerobic exercise that makes you sweat. Working out with weights is good to build lean muscle in order to burn fat too but you cannot do one and not the other if you want to lose weight. Also, you should get on a good whole food nutraceutical to make sure you are getting the nutrients you need on a daily basis. One that I like is Juice Plus which comes in a capsule, chewable and gummie. To learn more about it you can check out my website at www.Eileen4JP.com and my email address is eileen4jp@prodigy.net
    EileenMarie

Answer by EileenMarie at 10:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I eat very healthy, I never eat fast food & I haven't been drinking soda for the past 2 years (well, I'll have one once in a great while--maybe every 6 months). I also don't drink sugary juices or carbonated drinks, actually I mainly only drink water & an occasional green tea. I try to be conscious of what I put into my body, but it's really hard for me to get weight off & once I do then it's hard to keep it off.
    proudmama2772

Answer by proudmama2772 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2008