Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Child support (Florida)

In Florida, is there any way I can drop a child support case? I am the blood mother and sole custodian of my three year old. He was adopted by my THEN husband, then we got a divorce. So I believe there is a state order for support, but Im not sure. Either way Can I resend the order so I can be rid of my ex?

Answer Question

Asked by SillyMomma at 9:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 9 (324 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • yeah call child support enforcement and tell them you want to drop it.

    Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • first thing in the morning start dialing child support :)

    Answer by Jazmineamomma at 9:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • Eh your problem is Florida.
    Some states may allow a child to be without one parent but Florida isnt one of them. In order for a support order to be dropped in Florida it used to be that you HAD to have someone else to adopt the child.

    Not sure if the laws have changed but you can always call and ask.

    Answer by Sandyr911 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • Sandy you are correct, I believe I was told what you had said, but evil EX said I could drop it. Im going down in the morning to find out.

    Comment by SillyMomma (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • Good luck with it.
    Went through it a few years ago with an Ex and that is what we found out.

    Answer by Sandyr911 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.