should i lie about missing clinicals or be honest stating i need more time to study for final to pass entirely

OK so I am on the edge with ALLLL my RN classess (i dont remember LPN being this difficult!) so anywho I'm so lucky to have clincals 1.5 hrs away on a horrid drive with endless turns and curves. And I had a test today (tues), test wed. (shud be studying now woops) and clinicals thurs. evening (w. drive time 12-9) and my hugggeee final on Friday morning.... so i literally have no time to study for this final we were supposed to be studing for all semester!
I am allowed to miss one clinical shift that would be excused. All the other instructors dont seem to mind if they take there excused day off.... although discouraged it is still excused. My instructor (amazing woman don't get me wrong but she's strict) doesn't want us to miss any clinical day for absolutely any reason. she said we will be docked participation pnts but still technically we are allowed an EXCUSED day w/o an excuse.
My big thing is i literally cant afford any extra missed study time for this final It would be detrimental to my overall grade! I dont want to have gone through all this for absolutely nothing!
SOOOO should i call her, like everyone else will and make up some excuse, in which she expects to happen, obviously 10 ppl cant all have the flu at once.
OR just be honest and say I have been struggling with many things this semester and if i dont take this (1/2) day off it would be detrimental to my grade and lead to a failing grade.... I'd rather be honest but shell most likely make me feel guilty for letting my other classmates down, putting a harming my clinical experience yadayada....

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• You will get caught in your lie. Don't you have to submit notes? Whenever I was in clinical the instructor was always there...
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 9:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Dont worry about no one but you. Call the teacher and tell her whats going on. She may be able to explain two better options and you go from their. I know I do the same thing. I freak out but sometimes you gotta take the bull by the horn. Good Luck :)
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 9:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• call the teacher and be up front, I am sure she will apprecite someone being real versus fake. she is also taking the time to teach and it would be nice to hear that you are struggling and wanting time to study, is there a way to get hands on help ? maybe use that day and get some 1 on 1 time.
    CullenLover

Answer by CullenLover at 9:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Be honest, lying will be worse. You can miss one day and be excused. Your grades are just as important as the clinicals.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Honesty is always the best policy, especially when it concerns your future career.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010