best way to get rid of a cold sore

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Health

• Call a dr for a med
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The instant you feel that little itch/tingle coming on, load up on Vitamin C (I typically take 2,000 mg every hour for 1 day - don't worry, it's water-soluble so it's not-toxic and flushes out of your body without having to metabolize itself through your liver). The cold sore won't develop at all and you'll be good to go. Lysine is supposed to work, though I've never tried it. I've tried ALL the OTC products and none of them work for me. Besides, they're full of crap that are known be problematic to skin so it's best to avoid those.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Bag-balm. I know it smells terrible but it works. it heals it and it takes away the tingle and irritation.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 1:20 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Toothpaste.  Dab a bit on the cold sore and it dries it up.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• prescription medicine!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have a prescription for Valtrex. It works great if you take it as soon as you feel that tingle.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My husband gets them all the time and uses Campho Phenic (spelling?) Their usually gone within a couple days with that.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2010