Throwing up

My three y/o son has had bouts of mild to severe vomiting since October. The first and worst episode sent him to the hospital with 7 hours on an IV drip. Since then hes had 2 or 3 more mild bouts. Why does he keep vomiting every 2 to 3 weeks? Tonight he's been throwing up to the point of dry heaves. I have no health insurnace for either of us. Im freeking out! :(

Any advice or similar stories?

SillyMomma

Asked by SillyMomma at 9:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

• what did the Dr's say before about it?
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Could he be sensitive to something he's eating or drinking? Have you given him anything different since October? If not then I have no idea. Here's a bump for you.

jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• when we were at the hospital they just said it was viral gastroeneritis. I dont think hes has anything really out of the ordinary since Oct. But when he first got it we had traveled to NJ. SO I can understand why he got sick then, but not why he keeps getting ill.
    SillyMomma

Comment by SillyMomma (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• try to get on kids connection, yes it is state assistance but you are going to need insurance for your little guy
    catsmom393

Answer by catsmom393 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• If he's not eating anything "different" since October then I'm not sure why....but here's a bump for you =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I don't have any stories or advice, but I hope you find out what it wrong. I follow a Christians musician's blog and your story reminded me of his little boy, who has had many problems with eating, keeping food down over the past few months. I thought you might want to check out the blog. http://aaronshust.blogspot.com/

cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 5:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think you need to take him to another Dr. and see what they say. Dr sometimes dont know what it is and they rule out one thing and another til they figure it out. It could be several things, you just have to keep taking him back til they figure it out. Good luck! I hope they figure it out soon.
    Alta2008

Answer by Alta2008 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Have you looked into some diet modifications for him? It could be an allergy issue.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It's probably something he's eating. Food allergies get worse the more you are exposed to them, the more you eat them. It could be that his reaction has built up from mild irritation you may not even notice to a full blown bad allergic reaction.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Could he be allergic to something? Could it be something new in his environment? You may want to look in to getting him state insurance.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2010