Do you ever take it personal when people don't get back to you, even if you haven't had any problems with the people?

I don't get it. People that used to call all the time can't even answer a lousy wall post on FB simply saying, "hi! how are you?" But can talk back and forth to their boyfriend who they live with. Am I just being sensetive? I'm really sad right now, because it seems like some of the people I have held in the highest esteem are brushing me off. I'm not demanding their every waking moment. Am I being too sensetive? I could be PMS'ng. I just feel like crying. I feel like asking if I did something to offend them, but then I might look crazy if it isn't true. What the hell is wrong with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Probably nothing is wrong with you. In this day and age of technology and social networking, people are stretched too thin. I'm one of them. I sometimes think in my head that I've responded to someone, only to realize I was only THINKING about responding. Oftentimes I'm so busy with my kids, if I pop on here and there, I don't have time to respond. It's my bad, something I'm working at getting better with, but I still stink at it.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Not really. I am horrible at getting back to people so when it takes them forever to answer me it's no biggie. I don't fret over it. Maybe their just really busy with the holidays or life in general? GL and I hope you get the answer your looking for.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• dont worry mama i hope your day gets better
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I used to get irritated when a few of my friends would do that, because they would chat endlessly with their other friends, but then I just figured that if they didn't reply right away, they will eventually. And if they don't then I wouldn't necessarily persue that friendship. BUt mostly that's with people that didn't live near me anyway. My friends that live nearby, we keep in contact daily. If they stopped responding to me, then I'd ask them what the heck was going on lol. Good luck with it, I hope you find what you need.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'm bad a getting back to people. I will actually read a post, and forget to type something back. I have done that with several emails. I will read it and get busy with the kids and forget to message someone. And there are times that I don't feel like commenting back. I just get bored with it. I'm sure it's one of those reasons, but you shouldn't get upset about it. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would feel bad too, but honestly what can you do about it? I try really hard to ignore things like this...Hope your night is better than your day has been. I wish you the best:)
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Dont feel bad...I feel the same way except with phone calls. How hard is it to send a text and say"hi". I know that with all the technology we have, anyone can spend 2 secs to drop someone a line. I use to get real bummed out when"friends" would say they'd call or come over and they didnt keep their word. Now I try looking at it based off of their character. For instance, if I know someone has a busy lifestyle I make sure and expect a delayed response to my msgs. Bottom line....they always get back to you eventually if they care. If they continuously seem to be blowing you off all together, just know that they werent worthy of your time anyways! Its not that youre being too sensitive, honestly some people just dont have common courtesy.
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2010