Three year old wnt stay out of my bed

My daughter is three years old and evry night i put her in her bed to go to sleep and guarenteed sometime in the middle of the night she"ll come in my bed and i'm getting sick of it.How can get her to stay in her own bed?

carisa368

Asked by carisa368 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When she wakes up walk her back to her room and put her back to bed. It may take a few times, but eventually she'll understand that she can't sleep with mommy anymore and needs to stay in her own bed. I know easier said than done and it'll be just easier to give in and let her sleep with you, but she'll never learn if you keep giving in. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We did the same thing with both of our sons. It starts with walking them back to their beds. Then after awhile, when they would come in, all we would have to say is, "it's too early, go back to bed," and they'd go back to their beds. Eventually they didn't come in until morning and that was to wake us up!!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2010